Dear Valued Patients,
We hope this message find you and your family in good health. The University Dental Associates (UDA) family is excited to bring routine and non-emergent dental care back to our community on Monday, June 1st.
Ahead of that date, we want to share details regarding office changes you will experience in your next visit. While infection control has always been a top priority in our profession, the CDC, OSHA, and the American Dental Association have set forth specific recommendations for reopening that we plan to follow and exceed. This will allow us to perform the highest quality dentistry, while providing a safe and comfortable environment for patients and staff.
The following are some examples of changes to our office and practices:
- Office staff will communicate via phone/text/email 24-48 hours before your appointment with COVID-19 screening questions.
- Upon arrival, we ask that you remain in your vehicle and call or text us that you have arrived. Once our clinical staff is ready for your appointment, we will call or text you to enter the building.
- All patients will be required to wear a facemask, patient temperature will be taken upon entering the building and hand sanitizer and/or hand washing will be made available.
- Anyone accompanying patients will be asked to remain in their vehicle. Minors are to be checked in with their parent/guardian present, and then return to their vehicle until the appointment is complete.
- Electronic payments will be made available for contactless checkout.
Along with these new protocols, UDA has implemented additional safety measures such as:
- Decreased patient schedule to allow for social distancing and provide our staff with extended time to perform the enhanced disinfection protocols.
- Installation of HEPA filtration system, which meets the recommended FDA guidelines for use in reducing exposure to SARS-CoV-2 in healthcare settings.
- Reception area changes inclusive of sneeze guards, barriers, magazine and toy removal.
- All patients will rinse with an antiseptic mouth rinse prior to treatment.
- All staff members will be wearing advanced Personal Protection Equipment.
We appreciate your understanding as we establish these new safety procedures. At UDA, we feel that your overall health is our first priority, and these precautions will make your visit to our practice as safe as possible. We are happy to answer any questions you may have as state regulations and CDC, OSHA, and American Dental Association recommendations continue to evolve. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
The Doctors and Staff of University Dental Associates
Dear Valued Patients,
As I celebrate nearly 40 years of dentistry, I want to thank those who have given me the opportunity to be your dentist. Your trust and confidence in me and our University Dental Associates (“UDA”) staff over the years has been professionally rewarding and personally humbling. Dentistry has been an inextricable part of my identity and I truly consider patients to have been more like family. Although this role has been one of the greatest privileges of my life, I have decided it is time to transition to the next chapter and retire (or at least give it a try).
Many of you are aware that two years ago Dr. Kennedy and I sold UDA to Dr. Walby. This transition has been gradual and ensured that the UDA staff and patients are left in capable and caring hands. Dr. Walby will continue to lead the UDA staff in our commitment to the community and I could not be more pleased with his leadership efforts. Dr. Kennedy and Dr. Fanelli, who joined UDA in 2020, will continue to practice at UDA as Associate Dentists. Furthermore, our staff will remain diligent in nurturing the relationships we have worked hard to establish over the years.
My last day with UDA will be on Thursday, May 27, 2021. I will still be residing in Rochester and look forward to seeing many of you around town. If you have questions or would like to stay connected please do not hesitate to reach out via email: email@example.com .
Wishing you all the best in life and dental health.
Brian G. Tyler, D.D.S.